Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Wallpaper photo stored on the iphone

I had a favorite photo that I use as my iPhone's Wallpaper, and it was originally on my Mini but it got deleted from there. I now want to copy it from my iPhone to the Mini, but I can't find it on the iPhone. Its not in my Photos. Which file folder is it in, etc. Thanks.

Mac Mini and MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Feb 12, 2009 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2009 1:10 PM

I found it on the iPhone and it was easy!! Didn't have to do all that technical stuff either. The thread said the file is called Lockbackground.jpg. I have iPhoneBrowser that let's you search the phone, and if you use that just click on the User folder, and then Library sub-folder and its right there.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2009 1:10 PM in response to Er1c4

I found it on the iPhone and it was easy!! Didn't have to do all that technical stuff either. The thread said the file is called Lockbackground.jpg. I have iPhoneBrowser that let's you search the phone, and if you use that just click on the User folder, and then Library sub-folder and its right there.

Mar 8, 2009 6:16 PM in response to Stephen73

Well, I don't know that much about iPods or iPhones (I've only had mine since Christmas) but just fooling around, I went to My Computer (Windows XP) and double-clicked on the Apple iPod device.

Surprisingly, it didn't find any of those so-called "hidden folders", but what it DID show was my wallpaper images, so I simply copied them onto my hard drive.

No special software, no hacks...just Windows Explorer.

Almost too simple. I must have done something wrong...

Where is Wallpaper photo stored on the iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.