This discussion is archived

MobileMe Gallery

7982 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2009 3:05 AM by siamless RSS
1 2 Previous Next
Jay Deitch Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 13, 2009 4:02 AM
iPhoto 09 decided that it can't sync galleries with MobileMe. The message says;
"An error with the publication of album xxxx. Your MobileMe account information is not correct. The provided login or password is not valid."

Restarting iPhoto, signing out of MobileMe and signing back in using System Preferences don't fix it. As far as I know, it was working fine until yesterday. Except for adding photos, etc., I haven't made any changes to iPhoto or my MobileMe account. Accessing my MobileMe account through Mail, through the web, etc. all work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay
24" iMac (2.4 GHz) & G4 PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,895 points)
    Feb 13, 2009 4:14 AM (in response to Jay Deitch)
    Try Repair your keychain.

Regards

TD
    MacBook Pro 15 2.4 C2D / iMac 20" 2.66 C2D, Mac OS X (10.5), 4 gig RAM/ 4 gig RAM
  • GP Neo Calculating status...
    Feb 21, 2009 9:52 AM (in response to Jay Deitch)
    Hi,

same for me - tried all the hints in forums (sign out, use wrong name, than sign in again) ...
    doesn't work ...

Please let me know when you have an idea

Regards
    MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • MacGeekGuy Calculating status...
    Feb 21, 2009 11:17 AM (in response to GP Neo)
    Exact same thing happening to me. I'd really like to be able to change my password and still use the publishing features of iPhoto. What gives?
    MacBook (Rev. A), Mac OS X (10.5), iPhone 3G
  • badwolf415tag Calculating status...
    Feb 21, 2009 7:25 PM (in response to Jay Deitch)
    Same problem -- I changed my password a week ago and Gallery syncing hasn't worked since. I reverted to the old password, and it started working again. Changed the password again and Gallery stops working, even after signing out/in with the MobileMe preferences.

I found a better work-around, though. Just create a new Mobileme Album from iPhoto and they will all suddenly start working.

Its clearly caching the old password somewhere, and creating a new gallery seems to flush it out.
    MacBook air, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • MacGeekGuy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 24, 2009 7:18 AM (in response to badwolf415tag)
    badwolf - excellent work. That worked perfectly. As soon as I created a new MobileMe gallery, it all started working. Silly that this bug exists, but at least there's a workaround now. Thank you!
    MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • The Stewart Pro Calculating status...
    Mar 22, 2009 6:01 AM (in response to Jay Deitch)
    The keychain probably has the old password still.

Open the following Application: Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access
    Look for an entry called publish.me.com and remove it.
    Log out and log in.

Let me know how it goes.

Making a new Gallery seems to have worked as well. It could be that the keychain isn't updated until iPhoto preforms a task that needs to write to the keychain rather than read.
    iMac 2.0 3GB 250GB, Mac OS X (10.5.6), PowerBook G4 1GB 100GB 10.5.6
1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.