Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front Row Sticking

I am running a Mac Mini 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, standard out of the box setup. Have it hooked up to a Samsung LCD via HDMI.

I have an external hard drive loaded with video-ts files, which I like to access via Front Row.

With movies I have no problems playing them using the apple remote, but with TV series I have a problem. I can navigate thru all the front row menus, to Movies, select the TV series I want to watch, get to the video-ts/DVD menu and BAM!!! the apple remote won't work properly.

When I try to navigate with the apple remote to a DVD menu option or certain episode, all I get is the volume going up and down. The up/down button doesn't work. When I press the play button it does nothing. Even pressing the Menu button on the remote to go backwards doesn't work.

Now the work around is to keep pressing all the buttons continuously, maybe 20-30 time, until it finally starts working!!!!

Anybody having the same issue? Anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Feb 13, 2009 5:56 PM

2 replies

Feb 18, 2009 3:43 PM in response to fuzzymike

Welcome to the Apple Discussions!

When I try to navigate with the apple remote to a DVD menu option or certain episode, all I get is the volume going up and down. The up/down button doesn't work. When I press the play button it does nothing. Even pressing the Menu button on the remote to go backwards doesn't work.

Does the same thing happen if you try to use the remote while the DVD Player application is playing the VIDEO_TS folder? (You can "open" a VIDEO_TS folder from the menu using the regular mouse.) In other words, does navigating the DVD menu work correctly?

I can't imagine why a DVD with one type of show like a movie would differ from a DVD with a different type of show like TV episodes. They're all still DVD movies/menus, there's nothing different about them in the DVD standard.

-Doug

Feb 24, 2009 2:37 AM in response to fuzzymike

I have the same problem with a couple of series of DVDs I watch quite regularly - both series are produced by the BBC.

It is very difficult to get the Apple Remote to navigate the DVD menus in Front Row (I haven't tried with the DVD player app.) I get the volume going up and down and fast forward and fast backward displaying (although they don't do anything.)

After trying about 20 times, it finally selects the scene I want to play and lets me play it.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Front Row Sticking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.