Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freehand MX did not start after updating to Quicktime 7.6

Hi,

at first - please excuse my bad English and any spelling mistakes!

Recently I updated to QT 7.6. After that I noticed the often here discussed Finder problems which I could fix by turning of StuffIt AVR.

And now, a few days ago I tried to start Freehand MX, that I have to use from time to time to edit some archived Freehand Files that I couldn't edit in Illustrator. But Freehand won't start anymore. The FH icon jumps up and down in the Dock (.... I normally cover Freehand not in the Dock) and stays there at least after one minute of jumping without the small triangle below it which indicates me that the app ist started. I remember, that Freehand starts correctly before the Quicktime Update. So I suspects Quicktime that disturbs the boot process of Freehand.

And I noticed a second strangely behaviour:
My CS2 Collection works fine all the time. But after doing the discribed booting attempt with Freehand no one of the CS2 Apps will start - they crashes until I restart my Mac.

I changed nothing on my Mac except doing the Quicktime Update.
Any suggestions.

Thanks
goddie

Message was edited by: goddie

G5 Dual 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 1.5 G RAM

Posted on Feb 14, 2009 1:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2009 8:13 AM in response to goddie

Goddie,

I experienced a similar problem this morning and found this fix through another forum. Apparently, certain Adobe updates upset the Macromedia application settings. This fix worked for me, although I had to re-enter my serial number upon launching Freehand.

I think the Hotfix might be the answer for this. Try downloading it here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...&sliceId=1http
://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_18933&sliceId=1

Freehand MX did not start after updating to Quicktime 7.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.