Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CalDAV for Exchange???

Dear apple users,

Anyone seen a gateway or script of some kind that interfaces calendar entries between iCal and Exchange servers? See a lot on the internet and it looked promising on the sourceforge.net Davmail gateway, but this application cannot run on the same machine as the Exchange server....

Would really like to get rid of Entourage to sync my calendar entries between iphone and ical.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Paul

iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 14, 2009 10:58 AM

9 replies

Feb 19, 2009 3:32 PM in response to Servlan

Sure, on windows you get by default an icon tray with a GUI to change settings, although on the server you will want to run davmail in server mode.

=> install davmail with standard setup
=> launch "davmail.exe davmail.properties"
=> adjust settings
=> stop davmail
=> edit davmail.properties, set
davmail.server=true
davmail.allowRemote=true
=> launch "davmail.exe davmail.properties"

Feb 20, 2009 7:47 AM in response to mguessan

Hi - thanks for the assistance.

I created the davmail.properties file in d:\program files\davmail and run this with davmail.exe yet when I launch this the taskbar says... DavMail Gateway, unable to create server socket: the specified port is in use by another process. My guessing is that as Im running Davmail on the same server as the exchange box, this is conflicting with Port 25 etc????

Cheers
Paul

Feb 20, 2009 8:38 AM in response to Servlan

Dear Sir,

I have nearly got it working...I think??? I could not set this up on the server properties as per my last post - but I think this is because the CalDav port is set to 80 and my IIS is also set to 80 - hence why this is conflicting.

When I ran DavMail manually, I changed this to port 81 and it now runs. However, when I try and setup a CalDav account on iCal it gets so far and get on the Server: Unsupported request: Propfind/exchange depth: 0. On iCal I get account information not found - no calendar home error / code 1.

Im guessing this is a generic error which can mean a whole bunch of things, but I know Im close...

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Paul

CalDAV for Exchange???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.