Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers document to fit to one page

Is there an easy way to fit my numbers spread sheet one one page? right now when i print it wants to make it 4 pages. thanks.

Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Feb 14, 2009 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2009 6:01 PM

Under the View menu the first option is Print View. Use that to see how your spreadsheet will print. If you have columns that extend beyond the first page you can try making cells narrower to fit one page across. If your spreadsheet is wider than it is tall you can also try changing paper orientation. If the goal is to fit on one page and you don't mind small print you can print 2 or 4 across - set this in the print dialog.
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2009 6:01 PM in response to G-slide

Under the View menu the first option is Print View. Use that to see how your spreadsheet will print. If you have columns that extend beyond the first page you can try making cells narrower to fit one page across. If your spreadsheet is wider than it is tall you can also try changing paper orientation. If the goal is to fit on one page and you don't mind small print you can print 2 or 4 across - set this in the print dialog.

Feb 14, 2009 6:43 PM in response to G-slide

Oops - I spoke too soon. Open the Numbers Inspector and select the second tab. There you'll see *Content Scale* and *Page Layout*. If the Page Layout icons don't make sense, the first icon represents portrait view and the second landscape. You can also adjust scale with the Content Scale slider to fit more columns. You'll see how this affects your spreadsheet if you use Print View. When push comes to shove it may not be possible to fit it all on one page. (I hate that.)

Numbers document to fit to one page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.