Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail marks my messages as Junk

Hi,

When I send a message to myself it is regularly marked as Junk. This can happen when the message is sent to a group list in which I am also a member. Although I unmark them always with "No junk", however this does not seem to solve it. And I have an entry for myself in the address book.

Well, you may ask why I need to keep two copies (one in the Sent folder and one in Inbox) but this is really frustrating to have your own messages in the Junk folder.

Is this a feature or a bug in Mail.app?

Cheers,
IV

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 16, 2009 1:24 AM

7 replies

Oct 29, 2018 1:10 AM in response to IvanV

I have had this same issue. I have three Mac and many times it is just easier to email myself. If I turn off junk mail filter "MY" email to myself is NOT junk. But when I turn it on it suddenly IS junk. I am in my address book, of course. It is a minor pain, but still a simple fix eludes me. I'd appreciate a solution or confirmation that I'll just have to live with this issue.

May 5, 2009 3:43 AM in response to cos constantinou

I am having the same problem too!
Very annoying, also even though someone is using my full name and it is ticked in mail preferences that messages are exempt from junk mail filtering if message is 'addressed using my full name' it can still be put in the junk box. It is almost as though the junk mail filtering is ignoring it's own rules!

May 14, 2009 3:49 AM in response to Dos

Isn't anyone out there who can answer this problem, which is something I have had for the past six months?

I thought it would be fixed when I moved from using 10.4.11 and a Powerbook as my primary computer to a G5 iMac desktop with Leopard. But no such luck - mail I send to myself ALWAYS goes into the junk mail folder. It's not like I'm frequently cc'ing myself since I keep a copy of every message I've sent... but is truly frustrating, and it seems like a simple bug.

Any tips? MobileMe team?

Mail marks my messages as Junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.