I did this, and now iMovie refuses to acknowledge that the project exists. I tried relaunching iMovie, and double clicking the project to open it but nothing works. Also, if I make a new project with the same name as the broken one, it adds a " 2" at the end of it, therefore it knows that the project is there. Please help as I am on a tight deadline and need to get this exported!
Thank you so much!! I moved all my files to an external hard drive BEFORE I realized you couldn't re-link them easily . I downloaded TextWrangler through the AppStore since I didn't want to pay for BBedit and it worked great! Since I am new to all this it took me a little bit to learn the lingo of what I was looking for but once I got that down, saved it first after only one text line change to make sure it worked (and it did!) then re-opened the document, did a command F to find all the rest and viola! I am now making my DVD WITHOUT re-doing the whole project! Thank you again!!!
DPaskin - Thanks so much, that worked great! Easy to do, also. I was thinking I was going to have to replace the .mov, retime, edit, etc. But thanks to your simple way of doing this, the .mov events are all back! THANK YOU, thank you!!! - Peter
I solved the problem by renaming the location of the migrated files, as suggested in this useful tutorial, checking and/or editing the project work flow text with text wrangler.