Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie HD6 free download is back!!

It appears that Apple has set up a new URL for the free download of not only the 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 versions of iMovie HD6, but also iMovie HD (5.0.2).

Whether this was due to demand, or just the lag in getting the new website up, we may never know.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#imovie%20hd

1.8 GHz G5 20" iMac 400 GB drive - 2 GB RAM , 300GB + 160 GB Ext. Drives, Mac OS X (10.4.11), QTPro, Panny GS500 miniDV, Rode Stereo VideoMic, Blue Snowball USB Mic

Posted on Feb 16, 2009 5:10 PM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2009 5:26 PM in response to Forest Mccready

Note that it isn't iMovie 6.0.4 that is available (the version of 6.0.3 that was tweaked to work with Leopard after the dreaded iMovie 8 was released).

BUT: I had iLife 6 on Tiger before I upgraded last week to Leopard 10.5.6 and iLife 9. When I installed iLife 9, iMovie 6.0.3 was moved to a new folder in Applications called iMovie (Previous Versions), and I can confirm that on my PPC Mac at least, it continues to work perfectly.

Feb 18, 2009 12:06 AM in response to Forest Mccready

Hi Forest

No no working download

You can easily test this by supporting an URL to a site outside Apple with
the download and they get a reprimand from Apple and

Your link will be edited out by MODERATOR without any explanation.

Yours also missing the possibility to advice users so that they can Produce
what they intended with one of the most intuitive tools Apple ever done.

Bengt W

iMovie HD6 free download is back!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.