Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Help

When in iPhoto when you try to open the Help - it just closes immediately. Another user has had this problem but there was no answers. It seems that everyone else is having a problem with iPhoto disappearing. Thank goodness my iPhoto is there - but I cannot get to the Help menu without it closing. Does anyone have an answer?

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 16, 2009 4:57 PM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2009 5:06 PM in response to AnnieDee

When in iPhoto when you try to open the Help - it just closes immediately.

Try quitting iPhoto and deleting your iPhoto preferences ("your username" ==> library ==> preferences ==> com.apple.iPhoto.plist) when you launch iPhoto again a fresh new preference file will be created - reset any personal peferences you have changed and if you have moved the iPhoto library from its default location repoint to it

Another user has had this problem but there was no answers. It seems that everyone else is having a problem with iPhoto disappearing.

Not sure where this comes form - but it is grossly inaccurate - iPhoto certainly is not disappearing - anywhere except people who do erase and installs and fail to reinstall iPhoto or people who drag the application to the trash - I do not recall a single post re iPhoto disappearing other than a few user errors as noted

LN

Feb 19, 2009 7:37 PM in response to LarryHN

I finally found the iphoto preference file! Deleted it - but no it didn't work.

Also in my post at first - when I said that others were having trouble with their "iPhoto disappearing" - it was merely a bad choice of words - I meant many were having trouble in one way or another with Iphoto "gone" and you said it was grossly inaccurate - but there are posts that say "iPhoto empty" - "I can't find my iPhoto anywhere" - "iPhoto and Library...all gone". I just meant that they all had photos being "gone" trouble - my photos are all there - I just can open the Help part - it opens but immediately closes - all else works fine. Yes apparently all from user error - that is why we are here. Sorry if I made a wrong statement.

Iphoto Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.