Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customized templates on iWeb '09?

How do I create a dmg file from a duplicated template created on iWeb '09 and then zip it to send to someone? Which software(s) do I need to buy for this to work>

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 11:39 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2009 12:27 PM in response to vschafer

Where did you get the template? If you created the page in iWeb as a site or page to a site you'll need to send the domain.sites2 file that contains the page. If you don't want to send the whole site and other pages if there are others, duplicate the domain file, open the duplicate in iWeb and delete all pages except the ones you want to keep. Then compress that file and send.

OT

Feb 17, 2009 3:31 PM in response to vschafer

Are you going to include an installer for that? Just adding the Baby2.webtheme into the iWeb application may not do the job. Did you modify and rename it and put it back in iWeb to use? Did it show up in the theme pane OK? I've not done it but understand that if you don't have an installer that adds the new theme to the various documents that iWeb reads, it won't work with just a simple placement. You could replace the existing Baby.webtheme with the modified version and that would work.

To create a dmg file you use Disk Utility.

Customized templates on iWeb '09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.