Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp problems

I recently bought a used macbook from a buddy and everything seems ok but I cant seem to get the boot camp to start. Every time I try to start boot camp assistant, it tells me that I update my firmware. I checked it looks like I do have the right firmware but I am not 100% sure. The firmware I have is SMC Version: 1.4f12 and Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 5:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2009 12:35 PM in response to Karlo Facherpour

I'm having this exact same problem... I've been working on this macbook that I have repaired for about 36 hours now over the course of 5 days. I've spoken to a couple MAC techs and they are telling me I have to downgrade to Tiger to be able to run this update... Seems kinda screwed to be honest. I do not have my original discs and Apple was kind enough to ship me some off, so I am waiting for them this week. As soon as I get them I will post and let you know how it goes.

Boot Camp problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.