Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf file sent via email attachment gets a webloc extension

Someone sent an email with a pdf attachment to our entire school via our google mail account. People with PCs were able to open the pdf files. Mac users received the pdf files with a webloc extension (i.e. - filename.pdf.webloc) and were unable to open it. How did this happen and how can we prevent it from happening again? I had 2 of the pdf files on my mac (one of which I created) and they did not have a webloc extension. Any help would be great. Thank you!!

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 12:51 PM

3 replies

Feb 18, 2009 1:11 PM in response to Kappy

Hi Kappy.

I tried that and received a message from Adobe Acrobat that read "Adobe Reader could not open 'Absentee Ballot.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

Since we have 300+ families who receive these emails and I don't know who has a mac and who doesn't I would rather be able to send the pdf attachments and prevent the webloc from being applied at all versus letting everyone know how to remove it once they receive it.

Thanks for replying.

Christina

pdf file sent via email attachment gets a webloc extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.