Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 2131 with Acer TravelMate & optical drive TSST TS-L632H ATA device

I cannot burn playlists to CDs. I have an Acer TravelMate 5720 running Windows Vista, and a TSST TS-L632H ATA optical drive, and I am using Verbatim CD-R recordable CDs (700MB, 52x speed, 80min.). I am able to burn data (pics, Word docs etc) from my C-drive to these CDs. Can anyone work out what is happening here? Many thanks!

Acer TravelMate 5720, Windows Vista

Posted on Feb 20, 2009 6:35 AM

5 replies

Feb 20, 2009 7:01 AM in response to Keitosan

This is a well know problem for this model of drive.
Toshiba and Dell have issued firmware updates to solve it, but I don't know of one for Acer although it's worth checking their download site.

I understand some people have attempted cross flashing, but this can render your drive useless so I wouldn't recommend it.

It might be worth seeing if you can get the drive swapped for another model if it is a new PC. Otherwise you are not going to be able to burn in iTunes.

Jun 5, 2009 10:11 AM in response to fedupipoduser

Hi Forum,

I have had this very error on a brand new Advent 5421. TSST TS-L632H TMC0 optical drive. There seems to be loads of info on the net about firmware, so I e-mailed Advent.

They supplied me with a firmware update tool - I updated - Problem fixed.

Firmware required then. It depends on your drive though. Do a google for L632H firmware as you may get it direct from Samsung who manufacture the drive.

Best of luck

Lainchur

Error 2131 with Acer TravelMate & optical drive TSST TS-L632H ATA device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.