Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Way To Clean iPhone Screen?

I've had my iPhone since the day it came out and, as such, it's been jostled a fair bit.

I use the cleaning cloth that came with it but sometimes there are spots that it can't get off.

I'm afraid of using anything wet on it, even a damp cloth.

Someone recommended alcohol-based solutions but I'm not sure.

What is the absolute best way to keep this thing clean?

iPhone 2.0, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 21, 2009 10:28 PM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2009 5:17 AM in response to scottmw

Yup! That's what I was gonna say was rubbing alcohol. I just dabbed a cotton bud in a little bit of peroxide and wiped the screen; everything came right off. If you're concerned about damp stuff, you can squeeze out most of the liquid from the cotton bud first before rubbing it on the screen.

To be completely honest, though, in my case I do not have to deal with cleaniness that frequently. I've had my phone in a case with a plastic cover film on the face almost since the day I got it. I don't remember why I pulled it out of it's case for a little bit there, but I do remember it got dirty and this was a great way to shine it up!

Feb 22, 2009 11:38 AM in response to scottmw

To clean iPhone, unplug all cables and turn off iPhone (press and hold the Sleep/ Wake button, then slide the onscreen slider). Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPhone. http://manuals.info.apple.com/enUS/iPhone_UserGuide.pdf page 33

Apr 2, 2009 5:52 PM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

i went to the apple store today... and the guy there took a normal regular LCD cleaner spray, and SPRAYED IT ON MY IPHONE while it was on!!! i was shocked and asked him to stop (cause he sprayed 3-4 times). he said. its doesnt make n e difference. lolz. thts y i started searching for methods to clean it. i should go give him a piece of my mind again :P

Best Way To Clean iPhone Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.