Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ADSL Disconnects when my mac connects to the network or when ever it wants

Hi there.
My MacBook Pro Loves to pull fits on the Network.
What it dose is when i open the lid on my laptop it disconnects the internet. So the ADSL Light Turns off on the router.
Whats wrong with it?

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2009 6:02 AM

Nothing your Mac can do should ever affect your router, so it instead sounds like a bug in your ADSL router's firmware.

Do you know if the manufacturer has any updates available for it?
9 replies

Mar 5, 2009 3:24 AM in response to Lukeintosh

Other people on the network have no issues with bit torrent

Yes but they may be using all the routers resources.

If you have multiple devices on the network the router may just be crashing. I have seen this before with thompson routers. I have seen Thompson 780wl crash with more than 3 devices connected to it. When used with 1 device it was fine.

Dlink in my experience are buggy at the best of times. I would suggest you flash your router with the latest firmware you can download from dlink.

I would suggest as william indicated replacing your router with a more efficient one.

ADSL Disconnects when my mac connects to the network or when ever it wants

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.