Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while delivering this message (Iphone 3G)

Basically starting today, I am unable to send :((

few of my colleagues who are connecting to the same server sending just fine but me....

From Iphone, I can
-Access Exchange Address fine
-Update my Contact
-Add Calendar Entry
(all the above shows up instantly when I open up outlook in my Workstation)

Oh also I accessed the https://server/oma just fine (except for the hideous interface of course) ...

So I do not think its anything in the Exchange side (why wouldn't anybody encounter that? Why just me? And if I had something wrong (config winfowise, then how come I am getting email fine, or updating calendar fine?

Any ideas?

IBM Thinkpad, Windows XP Pro, Iphone 3G user with latest Firmware 2.2.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2009 2:05 PM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2009 2:15 PM in response to ichoudhury

ichoudhury,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1426 ? Have you tried sending while connected to a different network as well?

Another good step to try might be resetting network settings. To do so, navigate to Settings > General > Reset. Also, deleting and re-adding the account may be advisable as well.

Hope this helps,

Raleigh

Feb 24, 2009 3:24 PM in response to Raleigh D.

I have first tried the "Network Reset" option (that didn't help)

Secondly I tried the Reset All, but that didn't help either.

I have configured gmail and i send message just fine. I have compared my setting with a coworker who has the same setting but I am unable to send while he can. As I mentioned, i can receive email and also able to update calendar.

I have tried 3G, Wifi, WIFI+VPN etc, no luck.

I have removed all account with just Exchange, but no luck.

Mar 9, 2009 6:12 AM in response to ichoudhury

Problem turned out to be an issue with Exchange Server. Basically exchange allows authentication from two domain as our company going through a merger. I had account in both domain. When I tried the other domain's id which was associated with exchange, things started to work. Other work around could have been to disable one account, but I went with this solution.

An error occurred while delivering this message (Iphone 3G)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.