Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL & MAC Mail

I currently have a number of email accounts, but the 2 AOL accounts have their folders situated in a confusing way.

Both AOL accounts have IN/Sent/Trash/Junk folders in mac mail and all these folders have their names as account john-aol mail and tom-aol mail for both aol accounts. Seems to be no problem here (all of the contents are on server)

In addition, each account has another folder with a globe next to its name with subfolders.

John-aol has apple mail to do/saved (saved IMS)/sent items/sent messages/voicemail

Tom-aol has deleted messages (tom)/saved(saved ims)/sent items/sent messagestodos.mbox/voicemail

Whenever I send an email from either AOL account, the sent message gets put in the sent mail of the appropriate aol acct in macmail as well as in the sent mail of the folder with the globe next to it. The sent mail in the globe folder also will put a number next to the sent mail folder 1, 2 or whatever to show the number of unread sent messages 😟

Is there a way to get rid of the globe AOL folders and be sure that all mail goes to the appropriate aol boxes in mac mail?

I think this all relates back to importing 2 AOL email accounts

Sorry for the confusion

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 25, 2009 9:18 AM

There are no replies.

AOL & MAC Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.