Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!! - Switch Data for X and Y Axes

This is probably ridiculously easy, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I have a table with about twelve columns. I am trying to make a scatter plot from two of them. However, the column I want for the x axis is on the right in the table, and the column for the y axis is on its left. So Numbers (being smart and following convention) takes the left column for the x axis. I know I could just rearrange the column order, but that would throw off the organization scheme I need for my table.

Is there any way for me to do what I want easily, or do I just have to make a little new table with those two columns in the correct order?

MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 26, 2009 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2009 1:16 PM

Have a look at this thread:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1915113&tstart=0
S.
3 replies

Feb 26, 2009 3:51 PM in response to wagonwould

You can use the inspector to switch the two. If there is an easier way, I haven't found it yet (I'm new to Numbers too)

Make your scatter chart, go to the chart inspector and then click on Series. Now
click on one of the data points on your chart. You should see the ranges it has for "X data" and "Y data". Type in or select (drag across the correct range of cells) the correct ranges for X and Y. You may also want to correct the X axis label.

Help!! - Switch Data for X and Y Axes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.