Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro 17" in Asia Pacific

Has anyone been able to obtain the new MacBook Pro 17" which has been advertised since Jan 09 in Australia? Apple sent out an email this week suggesting availability but when I rang the Apple Store they said it has not been released yet. I thought this odd and contacted the Apple customer relations folk and was transfered to the Apple Singapore Asia Pacific office, The person in public relations I spoke would confirmed it is not released to the public yet in Australia and the email post is just a product announcement. You can order online but before I placed an order I just wanted to know if they are shipping in our region yet.

I see in the forum people talking about various options like the SSD so I imagine at least our US friends have the hardware now. Lucky you

Macbook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 27, 2009 1:38 AM

9 replies

Feb 27, 2009 3:30 AM in response to Captain351

I ordered (through the Australia Online Store) a 17" MacBook Pro (with antiglare/matte screen) on the 13th of Feb, and at the time of placing the order, the shipping date was 5 weeks from the order date, with the delivery date being 6 weeks from the order date.

About a week-ish ago, I got an email from apply saying that the shipping/delivery date will be changed to 2nd of March/6th of March respectively, cutting the wait time from 5~6 weeks to about 3 weeks.

Getting it next week... can't wait!

New MacBook Pro 17" in Asia Pacific

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.