Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Size of text box?

I'm trying to figure out something that should be fairly simple... In a header on a DVD menu I want to use a particular font, and the bottom edge of the letters is cut off (see img below - see the "y"). The text box is simply too small in height (while it expands in width as the font gets larger). I would think there was an easy way to adjust that - but I haven't been able to figure it out. Hoping the gurus on these boards can help me out - thanks!

Alexa

Image: !http://www.alexacorcoran.com/misc/Headerfont.png!

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Feb 27, 2009 6:19 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2009 11:01 AM in response to Ian Parkinson

Hi - Right, that's not the issue. I want the font size to be the way it is - the font, style and size are what I need. And, it looks fine in the preview when I am double clicked. But, as soon as it goes to the real menu (I click out of it), the bottom of the letters that go below are cut off. In Keynote or that type of program you would pull down the text box to have more height...

?

Mar 2, 2009 6:59 AM in response to Ian Parkinson

Sigh - thanks. I think I'm going to have to resort to making it an image if I want it correct and pull it in. That is not helpful and the quality doesn't look the same as text directly on the DVD menu from within the program.

This is basic text box functionality that apple should have right in iDVD, I think, especially since there were no real updates from '08 to '09.

Alexa

Mar 3, 2009 11:32 PM in response to akcorcoran

Don't have much to add except to recommend that you make the font slightly smaller. You say that 'all is fine in text box,' but in your accompanying pic, the end of the 'y' is clearly below the textbox edge, dipping into the shadow area and will be cut off. The text box sizes have preset ranges in iDVD. That is just the reality of using a relatively inexpensive consumer app.To get the control you want, you would need to use the pro app DVDSP.

Size of text box?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.