Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unibody Nvidia + Photoshop CS4 OpenGL bug?

I am experiencing a particular bug in Photoshop CS4 Extended which is related to the OpenGL GPU acceleration which is very dependent on the video driver. The particular bug I'm seeing is when I free transform a object/layer or perform a transform selection the transformed object/layer/selection is off by a pixel and that pixel is semi-transparent with whatever is being transformed.

Can anybody with both a unibody and Photoshop CS4 test this on their system to see if its really an issue with the driver or if it is something with my Photoshop installation?

Here's what I do to test. 1. creat a new doc at any size/ppi. 2. drag out a selection and fill with a solid color. 3. free transform object/selection. 4. zoom in on transformed object and look at the edges to see if there is this feathered/semi-transparent edge.

I haven't tested in bootcamp since I don't have a Win version of CS4.

Thanks.

Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz (Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.6), Latest January 2009 Nvidia update, Photoshop CS4 11.01

Posted on Mar 1, 2009 12:15 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2009 7:17 AM in response to Bay2Sacto

Hello.

I'm still using CS3 but thought I would try anyway.
I appear to be getting the same result - though only on transformed>rotated objects.

As far as I can ascertain - what I am seeing is Photoshop anti-aliasing the edges to prevent 'jaggies' (technical term 😉 ) which is normal behaviour - particularly when magnification is increased.

However, without a screenshot it is difficult to say if this is also what you are experiencing.

Best
John

Unibody Nvidia + Photoshop CS4 OpenGL bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.