Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLife DVD won't install on G4

I have iPhoto2 on my 5 year-old G4, and use iPhoto4 on my 2004 iBook (it came with it). I would like to have the same version of iPhoto on both machines, and sorry Apple, but I cannot afford 2 copies of iLife5 right now. So, I bought a copy of iLife on eBay from someone who had upgraded to iLife5. When I try to install from the DVD, I get this message:

iLife cannot be installed on this computer.
This installation cannot proceed because one of the following applications is running:
GarageBand
iTunes
iPhoto
iMovie
iDVD
Please quit these apps before installation.

Nothing is running. I restarted, but same result. When I try to install from the CD, it tells me to install from the DVD. What do I do now? I have upgraded to iTunes5, but I still have the version of iMovie that came with Panther, and neither is running when I try to install. I do have iPhoto Buddy. My G4 meets the RAM and MHz requirements on the iLife box.
Please help; I really just need to install iPhoto4, I don't care about the other apps.

Posted on Oct 7, 2005 7:08 PM

2 replies

iLife DVD won't install on G4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.