Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move page links from the top?

Hi,

I've just designed a new website with multiple pages using the "Modern" theme. The page links are listed along the top but I'd like to move them to the right side if possible as there are quite a few.

Any help would be appreciated,

Barry

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 12:35 AM

It can be done, but it means fiddling around with javascript code in your site - if you use the page template navigation menus, they are all in java so you need to alter this code to move the nav bar.

The easier way to do it is to build your own text based navigation menu - open the Inspector and go to Page and then hide nav menu. Build your own by using a text box or shapes etc and you can then place it anywhere on your site that you want to. It also means that your site will be found in web searches better. Lots of browsers cannot pick up java based nav menus.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2009 12:35 AM in response to Barry Shortt

It can be done, but it means fiddling around with javascript code in your site - if you use the page template navigation menus, they are all in java so you need to alter this code to move the nav bar.

The easier way to do it is to build your own text based navigation menu - open the Inspector and go to Page and then hide nav menu. Build your own by using a text box or shapes etc and you can then place it anywhere on your site that you want to. It also means that your site will be found in web searches better. Lots of browsers cannot pick up java based nav menus.

Apr 9, 2009 10:36 AM in response to Ethmoid

Hi-

I noticed your response about moving the page links to the side of the pg. I did go into the inspector and unclicked the display navigation menu and I created text boxes for my page names, but how do I link it so they register when you click on them? Do I then go into hyperlink for each one? Thanks so much for your help!

Move page links from the top?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.