Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDV to ProRes422 with a twist

i shoot HDV 1080i-60 with a SONY V1u and record to an external HVR-DR60. Almost all clips are done with a 35mm DOF adapter, therefore most of my HDV footage must be flipped in post- FCP Studio2. i am not going to invest in a hardware flip because RED will release the Scarlet any years now. ( pon intended ).
Could someone recommend a semi automated workflow starting with " Log and Transfer " ... and magically at the end of workflow all clips being flipped in ProRes422 format and rendered , ready for heavy edit ?
Any help is appreciated.

MacPro Quad 2.6 - 4GigRAM - Raided 2TB internal, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Mac Classic II , PB 180C , ..., iMac intel 2.6, ....

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 8:41 AM

Hello,

This might help, go to the PVC site under editing, there was an article by Scott Simmons on just
such an operation.

Hope that is of some help.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/editing

Tom
3 replies

Mar 10, 2009 1:43 PM in response to Thomas Patsenka

Hi,

Yes ... ! it works.
Although i needed to do a clean re-install of FCP Studio 2 to recover the missing filters for Motion and FCP. For some reason a few of filters had been vanished and some others were not functioning at all or not properly. So, as it is suggested, i decided to reformat the Boot drive and reinstall all my applications.

Thank you very much Thomas for the info.

HDV to ProRes422 with a twist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.