Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing pics to Aperture from Lightroom

This is a repost of a question I asked in the wrong place...sorry!

I have Lightroom 1, but now having a more powerful Mac and with the advent of Aperture 2 I have made the switch to Aperture instead of upgrading to Lightroom 2 as I prefer the look and feel of Aperture.

I have nearly 500GB of photos on an external drive and have imported them to the Aperture Library, leaving them in "current location".

They all seem to be under one "project", I thought that leaving them on their hard drive would make them referenced; is this right?

More importantly, all my Lightroom-adjusted images have appeared with adjustment icons showing on the images, which I can't remove. I wouldn't have been surprised to just get the original RAW or jpeg unadjusted files but this has confused me! Have my Lightroom adjustments actually come through the import somehow, and if so how do I remove the icons?

Thanks for any help or directions to an explanation of what's going on here.

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 12:16 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2009 6:36 PM in response to Pat Taylor

You can import files at their current location. It's an import option.

As far as adjustment, that won't come across. The two application do not share info on edits -- it is proprietary for each. I think what you're seeing are "badges" that might indicate something (keywords, etc.,) has been applied... read the documentation on badges to see what might be going on.

Importing pics to Aperture from Lightroom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.