Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Security Updates cumulative?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, I searched but didn't see this specifically answered. I am planning to update a G4 currently running Panther to Tiger. I've got the 10.4.11 combo updater, and have downloaded all of the security patches since 10.4.11. (I won't have a broadband connection available to the updated machine so gathering everything ahead of time).

If I install 10.4.11 + Security Update 2009-001 (or whatever is current a couple of weeks from now when I do this) do I cover all security patches. OR after installing the 10.4.11 combo patch update do I need to install each of the subsequent Security Updates in order. I have all needed updates, but would like to save some time if installing one takes care of this.

Thanks in advance for some help on this.

15" MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.6 GHz 4 GB RAM

Posted on Mar 4, 2009 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2009 1:57 PM

No, security updates are not cumulative. It would be simple enough to use Software Update to handle all the updates needed after installing 10.4.11.
2 replies

Mar 4, 2009 2:09 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks for confirming I need to install all the security updates. I am taking everything with me because the thought of 962 Meg of downloads over 56K dial-up is more than I can bear to think about.

I have a G4 running Tiger on my network that I got all of the updates from Software Update history. I've downloaded everything as of late last week. I'll do one more check before traveling to do this upgrade.

I couldn't live without my broadband, but not everyone has it.

Are Security Updates cumulative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.