Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bottom Part of 17" Trackpad not recognizing taps

When I put my finger on the bottom part of the trackpad and drag horizontally, the pointer on the screen doesn't move. While keeping my finger on the trackpad and then if I drag it up on the trackpad, the pointer will start to move. If I were to start with my finger on the upper part of the trackpad and then drag it down to the area where the pointer wasn't moving, it will continue moving. This tells me that there is a software issue where the trackpad isn't registering an initiating tap on the bottom of the trackpad. I'm hoping there is a way to reset something that will make it work. Anyone else having this problem on the new 17" Unibody MacBook Pros?

UniBody 17" MacBook Pro 2.93, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 6, 2009 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2009 12:46 AM

The bottom of the trackpad defaults to being a button like on the older MacBook Pro's. You can leave a finger there which will not effect the pointer and click and use your other finger on the top part of the pad to drag or resize.
4 replies

Bottom Part of 17" Trackpad not recognizing taps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.