Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Word Document Email Attachment from my iPhone to My Computer

How can I transfer a word document attached to an email on my iPhone to my Desktop Computer?

Toshiba, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 6, 2009 9:00 AM

12 replies

Mar 7, 2009 5:42 AM in response to paulcb

Dataviz is working on their Documents to Go software so that Word, Excel documents etc. will be able to be transferred from the computer to the iphone andd visa vers ( http://www.dataviz.com/news/press/) Within their web site they have an email notification alert that will let you know when the development is completed (sometime during 2009). I use this excellent product on the Palm.

One can even create documents and write documents on the Palm.

Regards,

Kevin (I have an iPhone 3rd generation).

Jun 21, 2009 7:59 AM in response to lauracrowe

"Both connected to the same WiFi" is where the problem lies. I am often out of the house and away from an internet connection. I have the same problem - I know I have received the email with the attachment, as my iphone tells me, but I cannot get it onto my Mac in order to edit the file and send it back again. My problem is more to do with excel files (where you cannot see anything other than the first page of the workbook), but is basically the same problem.

Will some techno-genius please tell me if buying and carrying a second wireless router in my computer bag will solve the problem? This would enable both devices to be on the same wifi network, and then the app called WePrint would work. It thinks it can work over a peer to peer network.....but it doesn't. It only works over a proper wireless network.

Transfer Word Document Email Attachment from my iPhone to My Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.