Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Will the new mac mini handle 2 20" apple cinema displays?

1319 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2009 9:44 PM by D. Fraser RSS
dbrandt6 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 6, 2009 10:58 AM
and how would I hook them up? Thanks... Doug
1.8 G5, MBP Duo, iPhone 2.0, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (166,990 points)
    It shouldn't be a problem, based on everything I've read including the tech specs for the mini. You'd connect one monitor to the mini-DVI port via a mini-DVI to DVI adapter, and one monitor to the mini-DisplayPort via a mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter.
    iMac 2.8 Core 2 Duo 24" 4GB ATI 2600, Mac OS X (10.5.6), PowerMac G5 2.0GHz DP, Dell w/ Windows Vista Unlimited SP1
  • pinadrummer Calculating status...
    I also have that same question. *I went to the apple store and none of the genius knew how to make it work.* *They said it's not possible to connect two displays or monitors to the new mac mini because it only has one graphics card. The mini dvi and the mini displayport are both connected to the graphics card.* I showed them the apple site and the site clearly said you can connect 2 displays. Does someone know if you can connect 2 displays or monitors and if so how can you do it.
    Powerbook G4
  • D. Fraser Calculating status...
    It should work just like Dave Sawyer said. It doesn't matter if it has only one graphics card. The card in the new mini supports a multiple monitor setup. The older minis don't.

D.
    Mac Pro, MacBook Pro and various others, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.