Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Event Photography/Viewing Stations & iPhoto

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to expand my sports photography business by adding viewing stations. Ideally, I'd like to have 4-6 kiosks where the monitor & keyboard tie into a central computer (which I'll also have to purchase).

I'd like to be able to have photos organized by teams/games ie 9am game - Reds vs. Blues, 10 am game - Greens vs. Blacks ... this kind of format. This would make it easy for parents to find the photos of their player. If the photos from each game were imported into iPhoto, they could be culled/cropped & placed into their own album. My questions is whether or not the viewing stations could access the folders/albums in iPhoto on the main computer or server.

My other option would be to go with Photo Mechanic for injesting & organizing the photos but I'd rather try to keep everything in iPhoto for organizing purposes.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks for your time.

Take care,
Brent

iBook 14", 700 mhz + G5 iMac 20", 2.5 gig ram, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Mar 6, 2009 6:16 PM

3 replies

Event Photography/Viewing Stations & iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.