3621 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2009 8:57 PM by IMRAN
I think you may have the NVIDIA chip issue:
I also saw another thread where the OP could not see the hard drive after the chip evidently failed. There's a good chance your hard drive is still OK. But the logic board will have to be replaced to fix the NVIDIA issue.
Yes, unfortunately, yet another Apple device failure. Question marked answered because repaired under warranty. BUT:
It is embarrassing as a Mac bigot to have had this problem and in the few months since ALSO had:
- iMac 24" (condensation inside screen, never happened to any other company's monitors)
- iPhone 3GS white screen of death
and before this:
- MacBook Pro 17" defective graphics, motherboard replaced
- PowerBook G4 17" defective sound system, motherboard replaced
- eMac G4 700, screen fizzled into showing 1/4 display size in center, thrown away
- PowerBook G3 500 FW defective, whole machine replaced
- PowerBook G3 300 defective, machine replaced
- PowerBook Duo 280c defective keyboard, replaced
and I can't even remember past that.
Can't make fun of ugly clunky Dells or HPs anymore after this experience.