Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto crashing in Edit mode

Every time I open a photo in Edit mode and then try to move to another photo, either by clicking the "next" arrow or by clicking on another photo in the bar at the top of the screen, iPhoto simply crashes.

Any ideas why?

I only have 256mb of memory, but I cannot believe that can be the problem...can it?!

I have about 1100 photos in iPhoto, all quite high large (but no RAW files), but it does it even when I'm Editing a folder with five photos in it...

Posted on Aug 21, 2005 10:50 AM

6 replies

Aug 21, 2005 11:24 AM in response to Old Toad

OT

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome. You'l probably end up sick of the sight of my posts: I am struggling with about half a dozen aspects of iPhoto!

Bizarrely, this problem now seems to have gone away - when I downoaded the latest patch for iPhoto, which bills itself as something like "resolving problems while browsing photos which have been autorotated by a camera". Hope it stays fixed now.

Embarassed to admit it, but I don't even know how to check hard-disk space. How do I do it?

As far as the version of iPhoto I'm using, it's 5.04 (263) - whatever the "263" means!

Again, thanks for your help...

Al

Aug 21, 2005 1:04 PM in response to Raiderfan37

Hi Alastair. Don't be embarrassed. There's always something new to learn and thankfully usually someone out there who's come across your problem before. Can't help you with your original problem, but I can say iPhoto 5 does seem more inclined to quit expectedly, more than version 4. I've taken to quitting manually at key points if working on a big job. (A bit like saving regularly on a pc.) When you get the option to file a report, I tend to send one off as the more they get, the more likely they are to take note and fix it.
As for your hard disk question: click the apple (top left), click "about this mac", click more info, click ATA, That will open a list. One of the 2 options will show your HD capacity and available space.
Good luck.

iPhoto crashing in Edit mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.