Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sort iMovie '09 projects by date instead of alphabetically?

Is there a way to change the Projects list so that it sorts by date? I have a lot of projects and plan to have many dozens more in the future. It would be much easier to browse through or search for a particular old project (or the latest one) if they were in chronological order. As it is, I need to know the first letter of the name I've given it. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!

iMac 24" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 8, 2009 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 11:06 AM

There is no way to do this automatically, but you can customize it to suit yourself.

You can do this by creating folders within iMovie. For example I have created a Folder for every year where I have a project. My projects are in folders from 1964 to 2009. You can also have Folders within Folders. In the year 2008, for example, I have two projects that each have 15 to 20 movies in them so I have sub-folders under 2008 for these projects, so they are all together.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2010 11:06 AM in response to Izzard-UK

There is no way to do this automatically, but you can customize it to suit yourself.

You can do this by creating folders within iMovie. For example I have created a Folder for every year where I have a project. My projects are in folders from 1964 to 2009. You can also have Folders within Folders. In the year 2008, for example, I have two projects that each have 15 to 20 movies in them so I have sub-folders under 2008 for these projects, so they are all together.

Can I sort iMovie '09 projects by date instead of alphabetically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.