Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photoshop Elements 3 crash

I have set iPhoto 5 preferences so that when I double-click on a photo in the iPhoto library, it should open in Photoshop Elements; however, what happens is that Photoshop attempts to launch then quits without ever opening the picture. I realize this is probably a Photoshop, rather than an iPhoto, problem, but I wonder if others have had this result and, if so, how they solved the problem.

Posted on Sep 16, 2005 11:44 AM

4 replies

Sep 17, 2005 10:02 PM in response to Old Toad

Before reinstalling, try deleting the PE prefs (a reinstall doesn't fix those). Launch PE directly rather than from iphoto and hold down command Optionshift. You should get a window asking if you want to delete settings. You do.

If you can't get it to launch even enough to get the delete settings window, go to your user>library>preferences folder and delete. com.adobe.photoshop.elements.plist and PE 3 preferences folder.

Nov 28, 2005 2:18 AM in response to Barbara Brundage

I have exactly the same symptoms, but I've tried a number of the troubleshooting options

I recently had a system crash, and I have restored my entire hard disk with Dantz Retrospect. However Photoshop Elements 3 won't start up. Every time I start it, it works through part of its startup, and when it gets to the loading fonts bit, it crashes. I've reinstalled photoshop, deleted the preferences, deleted all caches, reinstalled the latest combo update, but nothing seems to work, and it still keeps crashing whenever I startup PE 3

I've also tried the Option Command Shift startup, which doesn't seem to make any difference and it still crashes.

Photoshop Elements 3 crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.