Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to burn a CD because of incorrect error saying playlist is too big

I just started getting an error saying a playlist that is small enough for one cd is too big. I have a playlist that is 76:06 and should fit on a standard cd that holds 80:00. I have lots of other playlists that are longer than this and burn just fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 9, 2009 11:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2009 11:58 AM in response to dartn8r

A normal CD can hold about 74 minutes. Some CD burning applications can in some cases squeeze more onto a disk, but iTunes generally cannot. You'll almost certainly need to remove something from your playlist, or use some other software (such as Roxio Toast) to burn the CD and see if it can squeeze the entire playlist onto a single disk.

Regards.

Mar 10, 2009 11:14 AM in response to dartn8r

Welcome to the forums dartn8r 🙂

If the CD is advertised as holding 80 minutes of music, then iTunes should burn it (I only ever buy and burn 80 minute disks) - though be aware that this actually means 79.5 minutes generally! I can only think that you were sold CDs that aren't what they claim to be, and you should return them or settle for a shorter playlist.

Unable to burn a CD because of incorrect error saying playlist is too big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.