3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2009 11:00 AM by a brody
Leigh-Ann Level 2 (200 points)
These two printers were working just fine and now both do not respond. Both are still listed as printers. Both print demo pages just fine manually. The LaserWriter 16/600 is connected to my PowerBook G4 via Asante Friendlynet 10T transciever (w. self terminating RJ-45 connection)/ethernet cable and the Samsung CLP-510 is connected to Airport Express via usb. What could have happened to make both stop responding? Any help in solving this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

PB15 1.67GHz/2GB, AEBS,4GB iPod,G-Raid 320GB (FW800)HD, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • a brody Level 9 (65,758 points)
    Have you installed new software or firmware?
  • Leigh-Ann Level 2 (200 points)
    Hi!

Yes and yes. Thank you for your response. I did some troubleshooting and was able to get the LaserWriter 16/600 to work after sending a textedit doc (?!). Reset my airport to get the computer to find the Samsung, then deleted and re-added it (with a xerox phaser driver) - voila - both work again! This printing business is awfully finicky isn't it?
  • a brody Level 9 (65,758 points)
    Good troubleshooting! Yes, printing can be tricky, especially when updating drivers and software. Always backup your data. One problem though is reverting to a prior firmware is usually not possible. So only upgrade your software once you know your hardware is ready.