Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New TM performance after 7.4.1 crash

My 500GB crashed after updating the firmware to 7.4.1. This must be a problem since Apple Care offered to replace the unit without a problem.

After installing the TC I was pleased that the initial backup of 150GB only took 15 hours.

This morning I watched the TM System Preferences window for my first incremental backup. 95MB of the 107MB backup took about 45 seconds. I was amazed. But the last 12 MB has taken over 45 minutes. Any known reason?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6), using Windows XP via VM Fusion, 500GB TC

Posted on Mar 12, 2009 7:21 AM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2009 8:11 AM in response to dgebler

dgebler wrote:
My 500GB crashed after updating the firmware to 7.4.1. This must be a problem since Apple Care offered to replace the unit without a problem.

After installing the TC I was pleased that the initial backup of 150GB only took 15 hours.

This morning I watched the TM System Preferences window for my first incremental backup. 95MB of the 107MB backup took about 45 seconds. I was amazed. But the last 12 MB has taken over 45 minutes. Any known reason?

this happens sometimes and you should just let TM do its work. have the later backups completed reasonably quickly? if so just leave it alone.

New TM performance after 7.4.1 crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.