Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos from Kodak EasyShare camera

I am attempting to import photos from my Kodak EasyShare CX7300 camera into iPhoto. I have uploaded photos from this camera onto the computer before, but for some reason, I am no longer able to do so. I have checked the cord connections of both the USB port and the camera, and both are fine. When I plug the camera into the computer and turn the camera on, the green light on the camera flashes and iPhoto opens, but the import process does not begin. I have been unable to find a way through which I can manually import the photos into iPhoto. I cannot install the EasyShare software that came with the camera because of restrictions placed on the computer by my school. Any suggestions, other than a new camera or a better computer? :-D Like I said, I've imported photos from the same camera to the same computer... why isn't it working now?????

Posted on Sep 10, 2005 11:42 PM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2005 5:36 PM in response to Jaime W.

Jamie:

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. A workaround until the reason for the problem is found is to use Image Capture to manually upload from your camera. It came with the Mac and is located in your Applications folder.

Have there been any software updates run just before this started occurring? What version of iPhoto are you running?

As a first step run Disk Utility and repair disk permissions.
OT

Sep 12, 2005 10:39 PM in response to Old Toad

Unfortunately, I can't use Image Capture... for some reason, the school that gave me the laptop has it blocked. I haven't updated any software, as that has been blocked as well. :-/ I am using iPhoto 5, and I've been able to import photos from the camera to iPhoto before, so I don't know why I can't now. I'll give the disk utility a try...

Importing photos from Kodak EasyShare camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.