Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyonr else experience wake from sleep issues with early 2009 mini?

I have my early 09 mini attached to a 22" Samsung monitor vis the mini dvi-dvi adapter. This morning i went to wake the monitor and it responded right away normally but then went black. I tried to wake it again i got a screen that was just noise. Like the photoshop noise filter. It required me to hit the power button on the monitor and then it cleared up.

Mac MIni (early 2009) 4gb/320gb 7200RPM, Mac OS X (10.5.6), "former helper"

Posted on Mar 14, 2009 4:31 AM

31 replies

Mar 22, 2009 6:52 AM in response to tm311

I'm glad that you posted this -- I have the exact same issue, but no one else except for you and I seem to be reporting it. I have a 24" Samsung 2493HM monitor connected via DVI-to-MiniDVI adapter included with the Mac Mini, and almost every single time that I wake from sleep I get a screen full of noise. I've found that unplugging and re-plugging the MiniDVI adapter fixes it, but it is frustrating - I hope that they release a firmware update soon.

Mar 22, 2009 5:29 PM in response to tm311

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I was just about post a question, when I found this thread.
I've had my new Mac mini for about a week now, and all had been fine. But today when I woke it up from sleep, I had a screen full of multi-color static. It really freaked me out. I have a Samsung monitor as well (19" SyncMaster.) I hope it's nothing serious.

Mar 26, 2009 11:05 PM in response to tm311

I would like to share that I also have experienced display problems with my Mini. My problem was that when my mini would put my monitor into power save mode, the screen would display a noisy picture when returning out of power save. Sometimes it would clear up on its own quickly while other times the problem would persist until I put the mini fully into sleep mode and then wake it up again. I have since taken my monitor and mini to the Apple store where the Genius Bar examined the problem and gave me a new Mini. The new one is still sealed and sitting in my office. I'm skeptical that it will perform any better. I know for a fact that my monitor is in good working order because it is currently running on another PC and has never shown signs of being faulty. For the record, the LCD I own is a 25.5 inch Asus monitor connected to the mini using the mini-dvi to dvi adapter. At the apple store they tried the mini-display port to dvi adapter and the same problem occurred. I'm really hoping that the display issues can be fixed with a software update. I've read on a number of forums that mini owners have complained about the noisy picture when coming out of power save mode. It's clearly a common problem and I would have to assume that Apple is aware of it by now.

Mar 27, 2009 12:23 AM in response to tm311

I'm having the same problem... mostly a blue screen... but a couple of times (and most recently) a black screen - the only solution has been to power down the mac. Here's hoping that Apple have a solution sometime soon... not much point marketing a 'green' solution (low power on standby) if it doesn't work.

Connected to a Dell 2709 via the mini dvi.

Also, as suggested in another thread, pressing the remote's 'menu' button once does not work.

Anyonr else experience wake from sleep issues with early 2009 mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.