Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Software windows override all other applications.

Adobe Software windows override all other applications. - Anyone have this issue with CS4 and Leopard?

For example: Whenever I'm opening multiple documents in, say, Illustrator CS4, while the windows are opening in the "background" and I'm attempting to surf the web with Firefox, each time a subsequent file is opened in the Adobe application, the Adobe application shifts to the front and whatever other application I was using shifts to the background. It may sound trivial but this is really quite annoying and time-consuming to have to constantly shift back and forth.

I'm not sure if this is an Adobe or Apple issue, but I'm really finding too many quirks and conflicts between CS4 and Leopard that weren't issues in older versions of either companies previous software (say, CS3 or CS2 and Tiger).

Quad-Core Intel Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), None yet.

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 7:06 AM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2009 9:39 AM in response to Scott Mosher

This is for CS4 since CS4 changed it's document management scheme. I've done a little experiment, not extensive but enough to have an idea.

In Illustrator, if you have the 'Open Documents As Tabs' checked (Preferences-->User Interface), it seems to work as it should. This is true if you have the Application Frame on and off. If the Tab preference is off, what you experienced in your post is what happens. This is also true if you have the Application Frame on and off.

Photoshop is a bit different. If the Application Frame is on, the documents open as you would expect regardless if you are using the Tabbed function. With the Application Frame off, opening documents work like you want it to only if you are using the 'Open Documents As Tabs' checked (Preferences-->Interface)

That is just my experiment. If you could, replicate what I have done let me know. I would like to know if this behavior is replicable.

I don't know if this is an Apple or Adobe issue because different applications behave differently. I tried another experiment: opening the same documents (opened in PS and AI) in Apple apps and other apps. If I open the docs in any Apple app (that I have), they exhibit a behavior that would expect, opens in the background. If I open docs in non-Apple apps, they exhibit different behaviors, ie Graphic Converter shows you that it is opening the document by showing the outline of the window in Genie Effect but does not actually show the window contents, and they open in the background.

Weird...

D.

Adobe Software windows override all other applications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.