Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icon (ie: Illustrator files) content no longer viewable in Finder.

Icon content no longer viewable in Finder. - Anyone have this issue with CS4 and Leopard?

For example: Illustrator file not viewable in finder in Leopard. Interestingly, I seem to remember that when scrolling through Illustrator files in the finder with Tiger, Panther, etc, if you have the preview window active, at least with .AI files, you'd get a preview of the graphics and not the default AI (or EPS) icon. Now I don't get any preview. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if this is an Adobe or Apple issue, but I'm really finding too many quirks and conflicts between CS4 and Leopard that weren't issues in older versions of either companies previous software (say, CS3 or CS2 and Tiger).

Quad-Core Intel Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), None yet.

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 7:08 AM

5 replies

Mar 15, 2009 8:09 AM in response to Scott Mosher

Scott,

I too find it strange that illustrator cs4 documents don't do the whole preview and quick look thing. And to be honest I'm not sure who is to blame for it. I was reading this forum http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b81128 and it points to the problem being that you have to save your illustrator file with a PDF view embedded. But Leopard displays icons for large files instead of the preview. Which leads to people saying there is a memory leak when saving files in cs4. So yah... What they do point to is a plugin that you can purchase that will resolve the issue. It can be found here: http://www.code-line.com/software/sneakpeekpro.html

Hope this helps with your issue.

Mar 15, 2009 9:06 AM in response to Scott Mosher

**** yeah, the first process works fine, although, the proper file hierarchy is as follows: computername > library > Quick Look. At least that’s where I found MY Quick Look folder. This process works like a charm, though it’s shameful that the old adage “if it ain’t broke (using the finder to preview file contents) wasn’t followed by Adobe and/or Apple. Thanks for this!

** FOR THOSE WHO CAN’T FIND THE QUICK LOOK FOLDER **

It’s in your main computer system LIBRARY. You can’t search for it successfully, but I found it there.

Mar 15, 2009 9:55 AM in response to Scott Mosher

...though it’s shameful that the old adage “if it ain’t broke (using the finder to preview file contents) wasn’t followed by Adobe and/or Apple. Thanks for this!

No kidding... 😉
FOR THOSE WHO CAN’T FIND THE QUICK LOOK FOLDER **

It’s in your main computer system LIBRARY. You can’t search for it successfully, but I found it there.

You can also add a folder to your User Library called Quick Look (I named mine Quicklook and it worked as advertised.) I added it there just in case something went awry. You can have the same folders that is in the System Library in your User Library. I do this so I wouldn't mess with the System. If it works without a problem, and want it system-wide, I move the items from the User Library to the System Library.

D.

Icon (ie: Illustrator files) content no longer viewable in Finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.