Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motorola Razr V3xx Can't transfer files

I have a Mac Dual 867mhz OS X 10.4.11. I just installed a IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.0 USB Micro Adapter GBU421. Apple Bluetooth System Preferences calls it a Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device. I went through the pairing process with my Motorola Razr V3xx phone. I then tried to transfer a picture from the phone to my Mac and got an error saying "unable to connect". I then tried to "browse" the phone from the Mac, can not connect. The Bluetooth System Preferences are:
Settings:
Discoverable: checked
Open Bluetooth Assistant: Checked
Show Bluetooth status Checked
Devices:
Bluetooth Devices: Motorola Phone with a heart and a key
Device Name: Motorola Phone
Device Address : 6 pairs of numbers and letters
Device Type: Phone
Device Services: (is blank or empty)
Paired: Yes
Configured: Yes
Favorite: Yes
Connected: No
Sharing:
Bluetooth File Sharing is checked: ON The key is checked: ON
Bluetooth File Exchange is checked: ON The key is Checked: ON

I spent over an hour on the phone with IOGEAR support with no results. They had a MAC there running OS X 10.4.11 and were able to transfer back and forth using a Nokia phone. I use a Dell PC running Vista at work. I can send files via Bluetooth from the PC to the Phone, but not from the Phone to the PC. I'm assuming that under the system preferences, the connected flag should say "yes"?

TIA

Rich

Power Mac Dual 867 mhz, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 16, 2009 1:02 PM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2009 3:29 PM in response to Richard Holtzworth

I can see two possible problems:

1) Your phone is not reporting any Bluetooth Services (Profiles) whatsoever. For Bluetooth File Transfers it should have "OBEX File Transfer" and/or "OBEX Object Push". Without those the phone has no file transfer capability.

2) The Bluetooth hardware you're using isn't Apple supported. The only external USB Bluetooth Adapter officially recommended and supported by Apple is the *D-Link DBT-120*. I've tested loads of different USB BT Adapters in the past, and many that claim Mac compatibility, don't work fully. (Usually, however, pairing and file transfer do work, but syncing phones doesn't.)

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27121
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21397
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA22386

Mar 16, 2009 4:00 PM in response to Richard Holtzworth

Thanks for the replies. the folks at IOGEAR said the adapter worked fine with their MAC and a Nokia phone as previously stated. My phone does have all the necessary Bluetooth file transfer coed installed. I just returned the Bluetooth adapter and purchased a USB cable. Now It appears that I'll need to get a Micro SIM card and store the pictures on the card so I can then get them off.

Motorola Razr V3xx Can't transfer files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.