Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Technics sx pr53 digital piano with logic 8 - sound problem

I had managed to get the keyboard connected to logic, after reading your advice, it worked fine.
However, now there is no sound, you can see that the signal is there when I play the keyboard and look at the transport bar. I have the record button on the gm device track switched on. If I record the keyboard you can see the notes show up on the track, (therefore part of the connection still seems to be working) but there is no sound at all when I hit the keys or replay the track.
I went into AMS in utilities to check and it is still showing the technics info.

Any ideas on what I could be missing?
Thank you.

mac book pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Mar 17, 2009 3:59 AM

4 replies

Mar 17, 2009 4:16 AM in response to blueskysgreentrees

Do you have a Software Instrument loaded on the track? Or is it an external track, triggering the Technics' sound? You have to remember that the noes info is all midi, which has no sound of its' own - it has to reach a soundsource (like a Software Instrument or an External module/Synth). So a MIDI track has to have either an internal instrument active, or an external. If the midi somehow doesn't reach the soundsource, there's no sound. And that is what is happening here.
It could also be that either the region or the track or the notes ar muted.
So, let us know what the situation is.

regards, Erik.

Mar 17, 2009 4:47 AM in response to Eriksimon

I have set up a new instrument track, gone into the library and picked gm device, then I have clicked on the piano. On the track it is showing the gm device, I have checked and mute is not on, I have turned on the record button, and there is no sound.

Thank you for your help, it's driving me mad trying to work this out, as I know it's probably something really obvious that I don't know. : )

Mar 17, 2009 5:08 AM in response to blueskysgreentrees

I just checked, and see what you mean. The software instrument is working fine, after your advice. The problem is that I set up the external midi track instead of what I was doing before which was the software instrument track. There is no sound on the external midi track, i'm not really sure what it is for anyway, what do I use that for?

Thank you very much.

Technics sx pr53 digital piano with logic 8 - sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.