Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

interlace / field dominance question...

I have noticed an issue with the video I am exporting - with the movement of the presenters hands - lines appear...

I had been selecting 'de-interlace source video' which I thought gets rid of this but it doesnt seem to make much difference.

I then did some searching and found that I can alter the field dominance. It was set to 'lower' in the sequence settings and I found that setting to 'None' gets rid of the horizontal lines...

However...I have a short intro graphic I created in Motion at the start of the video - and I have noticed that when I set field dominance to 'none' this intro looses all its sharpness and looks a little rough round the edges of the writing...

Is there a solution so I can have the best of both worlds? FYI these video clips will only be viewed on computer screens...

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Mar 17, 2009 4:54 PM

4 replies

Mar 19, 2009 3:28 PM in response to SWAN909808

Try these things out
- set your field dominance to none & set your alpha to black
- check the attributes of the clip in FCP and remove basic motion if that is selected (hit or miss with that one)
- make sure you export from motion with the correct settings for your FCP project and make sure frame blending is selected and you have your render quality set to high

interlace / field dominance question...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.