Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hearing the metronome in a track.

I'm using the presonus inspire and when i record in on tracks 3 or 4 in mono or together in stereo i hear the metronome in the recording. I am trying to record my keyboard. Can anyone help? It does not play on tracks 1 and 2, in mono or stereo. And its recording when i play live... I am confused.

PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 19, 2009 1:57 PM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2009 6:50 PM in response to FormerTeenIdol

it seems that it is being recorded to the track

Are you sure? Have you solo'd the track?

I'm guessing here, but are you using the Inspire in direct monitoring mode? If you are, it's possible that your click is routed out via Logic - did you try my suggestion above? Turn off both metronome options and play your existing track back - no recording. Then turn on the Click on recording option and see if that works.

I'm so utterly lost.

Don't get discouraged - you're just a click away from solving it. Just be methodical in tracking it down. You could play back a track without your interface on - Logic will default to built-in audio and you can rule out a routing issue.

hearing the metronome in a track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.