Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

question about correct ram for 12" g4

iRam 1GB DDR 333 (PC 2700) Memory For Apple Notebook Model IR1GSO333D

Hello all I have a 12" ibook g4 1.33 with 512 mb of ram. I;m on new egg looking to upgrade to 1 gb and im not sure if the above is the correct chip i need. i wasnt sure if we could link here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 7:36 AM

8 replies

Mar 21, 2009 9:11 AM in response to danny Andrada

Sounds correct. It should be the following:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820349016

However - I personally have this one of these on my 14" iBook G4 1.42, which should have the same memory compatibility as yours. It's been installed on my machine for over three years and has been rock solid. The price is excellent. This should be identical to the one that Crucial.com will sell to you using their Memory Confuigurator tool.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145068

Check the reviews, searching for "iBook". There are several comments about using this module on an iBook of your vintage or earlier - without any issues.

Mar 22, 2009 6:33 AM in response to danny Andrada

Thanks for the replies. i didn't know whether to start a new topic but i figured i'll just keep goin with this one.. So I installed the 1 mb of ram. I'm now trying to to do a software update and i keep getting the same error message i was getting before: "your startup disk is full please remove some files". The system recognizes the card. When i go to about this Mac it shows 1.5mb of memory. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

And thanks for welcoming me to the forum!!!

Mar 22, 2009 9:17 AM in response to Duane

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question also about RAM. I have a iBook G4 1.07GHz, 512MB and Leopard. I want to upgrade the RAM so I just ordered 1GB (1024MB) PC2700 DDR SODIMM 200 Pin Memory Module from Other World Computing (OWC).

Can someone please tell me if that is the correct RAM. If not I have to contact them and cancel my order.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 22, 2009 9:56 AM in response to danny Andrada

Thanks Duane for the response. Yeah after reading up i figured that out. Kinda of a brain fart on my end! haha
I now have another issue but it maybe third party related. I have a lacie hard drive that i'm trying to move some files int . i had already formatted the drive a while back. However when i connect the external drive via a 2.0 usb cable it never shows up on my g4 now. If anybody's ever experienced this before i'm all ears...but i'm afraid the drive is bad.

Thanks for everyones help btw!

question about correct ram for 12" g4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.