Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Capital letter (SHIFT+A) does not work

5080 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2009 3:21 PM by Craig Upton RSS
Craig Upton Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 22, 2009 10:22 AM
Has anyone ran into an issue where a capital letter will not type? In my particular case it's when trying to capitalize the letter "A". I have to turn on the CAPS LOCK key to get the capital "A". I came across a thread (not on the Apple forums) where someone had the same issue but with the letter "S". Unfortunately, I can't find the thread anymore. The only solution was to remove all the ".com.apple.*.plist" files in the user preferences. This immediately worked but now the issue is back again.

I'm just curious if I am the only one that is having this problem and if not, is there a solution?

Thanks for any help you can give!
15-Inch Powerbook G4, 1.67Ghz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • Niel Level 10 Level 10 (234,830 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2009 1:08 PM (in response to Craig Upton)
    Open the Speech pane of System Preferences and check whether either the listening key or the speech key has become set to that keystroke; if so, change the setting.

(41906)
    iMac Late 2007 Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.