Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP ( late 2006 ) Display flicker?

Is it normal for one side of the display to flicker during the first 5 minutes after a long period of being off and up to a minute when waking from sleep?

This is annoying since this is now my 4th display on this computer ( just replaced last week because of dust ).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Mar 22, 2009 5:08 PM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2009 7:21 PM in response to brontide

I would say no it is not. This is your 4th display? It should be under warranty. Take it back. Possibly a cable was not well seated, or possible this display is also bad. It may also be worth running the extended version of the Apple Hardware Test to rule out any possible graphics chip problem.

Good luck!

Mar 22, 2009 7:41 PM in response to S.U.

It's a subtle flicker, but defiantly there.

Bah... I think I may just have to call since I'm sure the local people are getting tired of me. At this point I don't think there is a single original part of this unit and it's still giving me trouble.

Back to the store again, I can only imagine what they have to say about me when I'm not around!

MBP ( late 2006 ) Display flicker?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.