Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb 09 - problems with FTP upload - help/advice required please

I have been using iWeb 08 quite successfully to publish a site to a local FTP server. I have just upgraded to iWeb 09, made a few changes and added some pages to my site then published in the normal way to my FTP server using FileZilla from the Local Folder on my HD - result: none of the images show on any of the newly edited pages. Older (unedited) pages still work as normal.

Tried uploading directly to the FTP Server from within iWeb 09 - same result, none of the new images appear on the web site. Older pages which have not been changed from within iWeb 09 still seem to work as normal.

My FTP Server online support advises that iWeb 09 appears to to be using the following format to refer to the image files: "..\/media\/filename" and that the correct format for FTP servers is "../media/filename" that is, WITHOUT the back slashes (\).

This is a MAJOR problem for me. I am hoping there may be some knowledge out there which can help me. Would really appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Rikx

iMac6,1, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 7:08 PM

Please provide your url so people can see what is happening.
5 replies

Mar 24, 2009 10:32 AM in response to Rikx

I think you should do this web again(make it new) from Iweb 09.
Becuz directory that contain every page from 08 and 09 not same.
your old site put every page in root directory but iweb09's ftp will put every page in your directory same site name and sure this time it's not same site.

now in your ftp folder contain old site from iweb08
like this www.yoursite.com/firstpage.html

but new site from iweb09 will make a new path name like a sitename.
like this www.yoursite.com/SiteName/firstpage.html

Hope it will help you.
I'm new user in IWEB but want to help.

Apr 4, 2009 4:32 AM in response to ChunX

Thanks ChunX. I am hoping there is another way round this problem rather than making the site again because there are over 8,000 image files already in the site and more I would like to add. I'm not sure I could face the task of starting again.

I have my local Apple Store guru (an iWeb user) working on the problem too so I hope he will come up with an easy fix. Up until now I have been very happy with the way iWeb (08) has performed and would recommend it to anybody. The site I built is fast and people find it easy to navigate. Plenty of easily accessible information without too much glitz... perfect for my needs. Take a look if you have the time. You will see some of the pages have no images. http://www.johnswood.com.au/

Apr 11, 2009 8:53 PM in response to Rikx

Problem Solved! Seems there was some incompatibility between the particular server hardware on which my site was being hosted (a Zeus server) and some type of file type now being generated by iWeb '09. My ISP host switched me over to a Resin2 Server and the problems appear to have been completely solved. Thank goodness.

Here is what they said, "Our apologies for the delayed return. The actual issues was that you
were trying to use JSP files on a Zeus server which will not work so we
have now moved you to our Resin2 server and your files are now operational."

iWeb '09 is now working faultlessly as far as I am concerned and I would recommend it to anyone. Just may need to watch out for this kind of Server incompatibility. Go Apple!

Take a look... http://www.johnswood.com.au/ all pages working.

Message was edited by: Rikx

iWeb 09 - problems with FTP upload - help/advice required please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.